March 17, 2020
To Our Patients and Their Families,
At West Annapolis Family Dentistry (WAFD), our priority has always been the health and safety of our patients. As a leading healthcare provider in our community, we wanted to reach out to all of our patients regarding the COVID-19 virus, and to let you know the steps we are taking to alleviate any potential concerns.
We are continuously following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA) for guidance, and will continue to maintain the highest level of safety and patient care that you have come to expect.
For the safety of our staff, patients, and community, we have decided to suspend regular operations for two weeks, starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020. For further updates or queries, please reach out to us using any of the media below:
- Office phone: (410) 263-3700 – Someone will answer your calls between 8:00AM and 6:00PM.
- Office email: email@example.com – We will be checking our emails round the clock.
- Website: www.westannapolisfamilydentistry.com – We will be posting regular updates on our website.
- Google Page: Link to site – We will be monitoring and responding to any queries submitted through our Google Page.
- Facebook Page: Link to site – Likewise, we will monitor our Facebook page for posts and messages.
During this period, we will be operating with a limited, on-call staff. Every incoming patient will be screened for known symptoms of COVID-19. We urge that you take every necessary precaution, maintain “social distancing,” and closely follow the guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
Our office will only be open for emergency dental procedures such as those listed below:
- Facial swelling
- Dental trauma
- Acute pain (rated at 7 out of 10 or worse)
- Cracked tooth syndrome (pain upon biting)
- Permanent or temporary crown that has come out
- Denture sore spots
- Gum discomfort
- Sensitivity due to tooth whitening
We are reaching out to our patients to cancel/reschedule any elective or non-urgent procedures. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- All routine hygiene appointments
- Any aesthetic procedures such as veneers, bleaching, or cosmetic bonding
- Recall visits for periodontally healthy patients
- Initial consult for obstructive sleep apnea
Again, thank you for being a valued patient with WAFD. We appreciate your continued trust and confidence. Together, we can overcome these challenging circumstances and continue your path to greater health!
We look forward to taking care of you at your next scheduled appointment.
Dr. Maria Colucciello & Dr. Ishita Rahman