You should take care of their teeth as if it were a passion of yours. For example, whether you participate in videos games, sports, arts & crafts, racing, or anything else that you may take pride in, the same should go for your teeth.
You can tell almost immediately by looking at someone’s smile if they properly take care of their smile or not. Hopefully, you only see, and do not have to smell the reason that people do not take care of their teeth.
We are going to list some things that you should definitely be doing during your oral hygiene routine. Hopefully, you are doing most of them already, and only need to add one or two things to your daily routine.
How To Improve Your Smile
- Brush Proper
- Make sure to set up a timer on your bathroom sink to ensure you are brushing for a full two minutes. Another option would be to try an electric toothbrush as most of them have built-in timers to ensure that you brush long enough.
- Floss Proper
- Flossing is just as important as brushing as it will make sure that no food particles get stuck in between teeth, which can lead to tooth decay, cavities, bad breath, and even tooth loss.
- Tongue Proper
- Try picking up a tongue scraper next time you are at your local store. They are very inexpensive and easy to use. A tongue scraper is a simple tool that is used to scrape debris and food particles from the surface of the tongue.
- Mouthwash Proper
- Mouthwash will bring your oral hygiene routine to a full circle. Mouthwash will leave your mouth feeling and smelling incredibly fresh as it will also help remove any food that you may have missed during brushing and flossing.
- Visit Proper
- Routine visits to our office are highly recommended. Once every six months is all we ask; we do love you, but not that much! Come in once every six months for a professional cleaning and a check-up to ensure you maintain a healthy smile.
Schedule An Appointment
The team at West Annapolis Family Dentistry can help you with new and innovative ways to keep your mouth clean and to ensure that your smile remains beautiful for a lifetime. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.